Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Mom's Roasted Garlic Chicken


This is one of my favorite fall dishes. I always loved it when my mom would make this for dinner in the fall and winter. She would always serve it with stuffing and peas, my two favorite sides. This meal for me is the ultimate comfort meal, and starts the season for cooking all of the fall recipes. Today when I make this, each taste reminds me of eating dinner with my family, around a candle lit table and talking and laughing about whatever our day brought us. And I remember thinking that at the end of those dinners no matter how terrible our days were we always had each other, which made everything bad in that day seem to go away, and once again we were reminded at how blessed we really were. When I make that dish today I think the same thing I did then, and remain thankful for how blessed I really am. So basically there is just nothing better than family in my mind and this meal always brought us all together. :)


Ingredients:
1 whole chicken (insides removed)
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 stalks celery, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cube of butter, melted
1 tsp. tarragon seasoning
1/2 tsp. Johnny's seasoning

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Mix all ingredients together in bowl and stuff into chicken. Rub outside skin with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Cover and bake for 1 1/2. Remove the lid for the last 1/2 hour.
ENJOY and remember to always eat this meal with good company :)

No comments:

Post a Comment