Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies


Ok so if you are a true American I think that you will always be in search for the BEST chocolate chip cookie. Well, I think that I have come close to perfecting the cookie. My husband loves loves loves choc. chip cookies and I always have to have to make them for him, so I guess the old saying "practice makes perfect," really worked in this situation. These are unbelievably amazing, they are crispy on the outside, but soft and gooey in the middle. As far as cookies go are actually somewhat hard to perfect. Don't let that intimidate you though; just follow the instruction and before you know it, you will be eating the world's best chocolate chip cookie! 


Ingredients:
-1 1/2 sticks butter, melted then cooled
-1 cup light brown sugar
-1/2 cup sugar
-1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
-1 tablespoon vanilla
-2 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour
-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1 cup quick cooking oats
-1 cup chocolate chips (I use milk)

Directions:
 1.) Preheat oven 325 degrees
2.) Melt butter then cool for about 1-2 minutes
3.) Mix sugars and butter on medium speed for 2 minutes
4.) Add in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix on medium for 2 minutes
5.) Add flour, baking soda, and salt and mix just until combined
6.) Add oats and choc. chips (I recommend hand mixing, but you could use mixer as well)
7.) Make balls out of dough (try not to eat it first!) and place on cookie sheet- this should make about 18 cookies.
8.) Bake for 11-12 minutes. ENJOY this small taste of heaven!

PS: It is so yummy if you take a scoop of vanilla ice cream and place it on the cookie when the cookie is fresh out of the oven!

No comments:

Post a Comment