Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sugar Cookies


One of my all time favorite cookies are sugar cookies. YUM! It makes my mouth water just thinking about them. :) I love to have them around the house when I want to mix it from the same old chocolate chip cookies. Although, I must admit that sometimes I love sugar cookies a little too much! When my jeans start fitting a litter tighter that's when I realize that I need to take a break from baking cookies. :) Anyways, I have tried a lot of recipes for sugar cookies, and this recipe is my favorite! It is so easy and I think that the cookies taste way better than some of the more difficult recipes. So this is a must try and is really yummy with frosting and sprinkles.


Ingredients

  • 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar plus 2 tbsp
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded dough balls and place on cookie sheets.
  3. Bake 8 minutes in the preheated oven. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment