It is finally starting to feel like fall in the South, and since it is my favorite season I decided to celebrate by baking some pumpkin cream cheese bars! MMMM... Like I said before, my favorite season is fall because I love bundling up by a warm fire, drinking caramel apple cider, and munching on some baked good that is very high in carbohydrates. :) Believe me when I say that whenever I get time to do that my life becomes almost complete! So, it is suppose to drop down into the lower 60's tonight in Charleston (which believe me is cold cold cold compared to the weather that we've been having these past couple weeks!) and I thought that in celebration of this cold weather I might just splurge tonight and bake pumpkin cream cheese bars. Wouldn't that just taste wonderful with caramel apple cider and a fire going? I thought so too :)
So I absolutely LOVE cream cheese frosting, and will bake anything with it. This is a sweeter frosting, so if you don't like super sweet things I would just cut back on the sugar a little bit, but for everyone else, including myself, bring on the sweetness! :) For everyone experiencing autumn weather celebrate by baking this tasty treat!
Ingredients:
Bars:
4 eggs
2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cups butter, softened
15-ounce can pumpkin
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
Icing:
8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. At a medium speed, combine the eggs, sugar, butter, and pumpkin until light and fluffy. Stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix at low speed until thoroughly combined and the batter is smooth. Spread the batter into a greased 10 x 15 baking pan.
3. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting.. Cut into bars.
To make the icing: Combine the cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the sugar and mix at low speed until combined. Stir in the vanilla and mix again. Spread on cooled pumpkin bars. ENJOY!!
2. At a medium speed, combine the eggs, sugar, butter, and pumpkin until light and fluffy. Stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix at low speed until thoroughly combined and the batter is smooth. Spread the batter into a greased 10 x 15 baking pan.
3. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting.. Cut into bars.
To make the icing: Combine the cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the sugar and mix at low speed until combined. Stir in the vanilla and mix again. Spread on cooled pumpkin bars. ENJOY!!


No comments:
Post a Comment