So I feel like I am already planning out my fall baking. I love baking breads, especially banana bread. I remember my mom always baking banana bread in our house growing up. Banana bread is such a comforting food, and I love having a big piece on a cold crisp fall day with a warm cup of tea, sitting by the fire and talking with Jesse. When we lived in Charleston, SC, every Saturday morning in the fall we would get all bundled up and go to our favorite park in the morning and sip our cup of tea and nibble on a piece of banana bread and talk for hours. I love how food brings back memories like that. And, what makes this bread taste extra good is that this is super easy to bake and so delicious!
Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 6 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease four 7x3 inch loaf pans. In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Dust pans lightly with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 3 cups sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix in salt, baking soda and flour. Divide into prepared pans.
- Bake for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.


No comments:
Post a Comment