Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Beef Burgundy


So even though it is 85 degrees outside, I am already getting into my fall cooking.  One of my favorite dishes that I only like to make on a cold day is slow cooker beef burgundy, it is soooo soooo good! It is a recipe that I have adopted from Cooking Light Cookbook. The meat is so tender and just melts in your mouth! If y'all haven't made beef burgundy it will just be a sin if you don't make it this week sometime. I absolutely love it! The dish is especially easy to make if your having company over since you can make as much as you want and just let it cook all day long. :) Well, I'll let you get started now and enjoy this incredible taste of fall!
Ingredients:
1 package of fresh pearl onions
2 pounds of cubed beef
1 large onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 1/3 cup low sodium beef broth
1/2 cup dry red wine (I used merlot)
2 tbsp. tomato paste
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 bay leaf
1 package of mushrooms (optional)

1. Drop pearl onions in boiling water for 1 minute, drain and peel.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook beef for about 5 minutes or until browned. Then place the beef in your slow cooker.
3. Now add the sliced large onion and garlic to greased skillet and saute for 5 minutes on medium high heat. Sprinkle the flour over the onion and garlic mixture and cook for 1 minute stirring constantly. Gradually add broth, tomato paste, and wine, stirring constantly and cook for 1 minute or until thick. Add pearl onions, thyme, salt, pepper, bay leaf, and mushrooms.
4. Pour wine mixture over the beef in crock pot and cook on low for 6-7 hours. Before serving remove bay leaf and serve with mash potatoes, green beans, and warm bread! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment