Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Monster Cookies
So my husband and both of his brothers absolutely LOVE these cookies! Apparently this is a big hit with the men in this family. I am not a huge monster cookie fan, but I do love any type of dessert, my husband will attest to that, and will never turn down one of these. What I have found to be a great help in making big and chewy cookies is that to never scoop dough up with an ice cream or cookie scoop. I like to make really big cookies with jagged edges, and find that the best way to get that look is to do it the old fashion way and pick up a good amount of dough with my hands and plop it on the baking sheet. Easy. :) These are great cookies for kids because I don't know any boy or girl who doesn't like m&ms, chocolate chips, and peanut butter chips all in one heavenly bite. Oh, and remember that the bigger and thicker these turn out, the better they are, but please please please do not over cook these, that would be murder to the cookies. So many monster cookies are dry and crumble when you pick them up and it becomes a sport to just get the first bite you took into your stomach. That is why I always say undercooked cookies is a much better way to go than overcooking anything you bake. Also, note that cookies and anything in the oven for that matter, will continue baking even after pulled out of the oven. Ok, now I'm done talking about my fear of over baking and now lets get to work!
Ingredients:
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. corn syrup
2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup butter, almost melted
1 cup creamy peanut butter
4 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup m&ms
3/4 cup of peanut butter chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Using a mixer combine eggs, sugars, vanilla, corn syrup, baking soda, and salt. Then mix in butter and peanut butter, followed by the oats and flour. Now finally manually stir in choc. chips, m&ms, and peanut butter chips. Refrigerate dough for 30-60 minutes.
3. Take hand fulls of about 1/4 cup of dough or bigger and plop it onto your non-stick baking sheet. Do not smooth or shape, rather just through it on there. :) Bake these for about 10 minutes or until top is mostly golden. Cool and serve! :)
Labels:
Cookies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment